Official Community Plan (OCP)
City of Langford's Official Community Plan (OCP) is the municipality's statement of objectives and policies with respect to land use, the economy, the environment, transportation, as well as community services and facilities. The OCP provides a broad strategy to direct the growth and development of Langford and guide decision-making and dialogue about choices and direction.
Although the Official Community Plan does not commit or authorize the City of Langford to implement the policies of the Plan, all bylaws (whether enacted or amended) and all works undertaken by the City must be consistent with the Plan.
Download the Official Community Plan [PDF - 11.1 MB].
Download the OCP Amendment [PDF - 14.5 MB] that details the community development plans for Westhills, South Skirt Mountain, Bear Mountain and others.
Download any of the OCP-associated maps:
- Map 1 - Planning Area [PDF - 107 KB]
- Map 2 - Growth Management and Land Use Strategy [PDF - 582 KB]
- Map 3 - Sensitive Ecosystems and Habitat Areas [PDF - 322 KB]
- Map 4 - Natural Features [PDF - 822 KB]
- Map 5 - Natural Setting Parks and Open Spaces Inventory [PDF - 115 KB]
- Map 6 - Natural Setting Parks and Open Spaces Integration Strategy [PDF - 986 KB]
- Map 7 - Institutional Use and Institutions Inventory [PDF - 101 KB]
- Map 8 - Regional Transportation System Context [PDF - 127 KB]
- Map 9 - Multi-Modal Transportation Strategy [PDF - 237 KB]
- Map 10 - Agricultural Land Reserve Inventory [PDF - 116 KB]
- Map 11 - Water Infrastructure Inventory [PDF - 100 KB]
- Map 12 - Sanitary Sewer Inventory [PDF - 548 KB]
- Map 13 - Riparian Zones [PDF - 315 KB]
- Map 14 - Sensitive Ecosystems [PDF - 254 KB]
- Map 15 - Potential Habitat and Biodiversity Values [PDF - 143 KB]
- Map 16 - 200-year Flood Plain [PDF - 176 KB]
- Map 17 - Steep Slopes [PDF - 164 KB]
- Map 18 - Drainage Concerns [PDF - 149 KB]
- Map 19 - Interface Fire Hazard Areas [PDF - 144 KB]