COVID-19 Update:

Langford City Hall remains closed to walk-in traffic and business is conducted by phone or appointment only. Please call 250-478-7882 for assistance.

City of Langford

Live the lifestyle.

Building Regulations, Pools & Fences

Langford's Building Bylaw [PDF - 285 KB] requires a permit be obtained for all construction and demolition and for many accessory structures and major renovations such as decks, sheds, and suites. This Bylaw regulates pool location and enclosure. Property owners are encouraged to always call first to ask if a permit is needed for the work they plan. Note that construction noise is regulated by the Noise Bylaw [PDF - 291 KB].

The Zoning Bylaw (see Land use) stipulates fence height but the location, maintenance, ownership, and mis-use of fences are private law matters between property owners not actionable by the City. Fences encroaching in the right-of-way are an Engineering Department concern (250-474-0068).

Meta Navigation