COVID-19 Update:

City Hall is open by appointment only. Please call (250) 478-7882 for more info.

City of Langford

Live the lifestyle.


The Planning Department maintains two key documents for the City: The City's Official Community Plan and Langford's Land Use Regulation - Zoning Bylaw No. 300. This Department also oversees applications to amend the Official Community Plan, as well as rezone land or vary bylaw requirements through the Development Variance Permit process. The City Planner has been authorized by Council to issue Development Permits and Sign Permits.

The Planning Department also oversees applications for Temporary Commercial or Industrial Use permits.

In accordance with Provincial policy, applications to exclude land from the Provincial Agriculture Land Reserve (ALR) are reviewed by Council's Agriculture Advisory Committee before being sent to the Provincial Agriculture Land Commission. Applications to the ALC may be made through the Planning Department.

The Planning Department is headed by the Director of Planning and the Deputy Director of Planning who direct three Planners, one Planning Technician, one Planning and Subdivision Technician, and the Planning Assistant.

Planning Staff are available for in-person inquiries at City Hall and by phone.

Please use this form to apply for the following:

  • Development Permit
  • Development Variance Permit
  • Temporary use Permit
  • Duplex
  • Rezoning
  • OCP Amendment

Please use this form to apply for:

  • Sign Permit

Important Links

Zoning Bylaw

Official Community Plan

Design Guidelines

Exclusion from the ALR

Sign Bylaw

Meta Navigation