COVID-19 Update:

City Hall is open by appointment only. Please call (250) 478-7882 for more info.

City of Langford

Live the lifestyle.

FAQs - How do I submit a bylaw complaint?

Question - How do I submit a bylaw complaint?

To report concerns of a possible violation, the City of Langford Bylaw Division requires two complaints in writing from separate neighbouring residents. Complaints may be submitted by letter or in person at City Hall, or via email at

Details required: your name, address, and contact phone numbers along with the nature of the complaint, the subject address and subject name if known. Persons making a report will not be identified unless court action is necessary and anonymous complaints do not receive a response.

Complaints that present an immediate public safety concern should be reported to 250-857-0400 or to the West Shore RCMP at 250-474-2264. For more information, please call the Bylaw Enforcement Office at 250-474-0604.

Meta Navigation