The Planning Department maintains two key documents for the City: The City’s Official Community Plan and Langford’s Land Use Regulation – Zoning Bylaw No. 300.

This Department also oversees applications to amend the Official Community Plan, applications for Temporary Commercial or Industrial Use permits as well as rezone land or vary bylaw requirements through the Development Variance Permit process. The City Planner has been authorized by Council to issue Development Permits and Sign Permits.


In accordance with Provincial policy, applications to exclude land from the Provincial Agriculture Land Reserve (ALR) are reviewed by Council’s Agriculture Advisory Committee before being sent to the Provincial Agriculture Land Commission. Applications to the ALC may be made through the Planning Department.


The Planning department oversees applications for rezoning land or varying bylaw requirements through the Development Variance Permit process.

Please use this form to apply for the following:

  • Development Permit
  • Development Variance Permit
  • Temporary use Permit
  • Duplex
  • Rezoning
  • OCP Amendment

Please use this form to apply for:

  • Sign Permit